The ASCE Truckee Meadows Branch has been serving the local Civil Engineering community since the founding date in 1967. The Truckee Meadows Branch was originally a part of the Sacramento Section. The Sacramento and Nevada Section came together in 1960 and hosted the ASCE Annual Meeting in Reno. The Nevada Section began once the Truckee Meadows area had enough members to become a section along as in Carson City, and Las Vegas.
The Branch would like to thank John Webster Brown for sharing some information about the history of ASCE here in Northern Nevada. John was a part of the student chapter at the University of Nevada in 1950 and went along and became President of the Truckee Meadows Branch and the Sacramento section in 1960.
If you want to be a part of ASCE be sure to sign up for our email list and join us at our next event!
EVENTS HOSTED BY ASCE TMB
- Monthly Luncheons featuring technical talks about local issues and projects.
- Monthly social events with the Younger Member Forum
- Annual Awards and Student Recognition Banquet
- Outreach events to the local community, such as classroom visits and the River Festival
- Tours of local construction projects
- Annual Marv Byars Memorial Golf Tournament, which serves as a fundraiser for the student chapter